Logo da Pinacoteca

Apoie

Logo da Pinacoteca

Parque da Luz

Jardim da Luz, which opened to the public in 1825, was born as a botanical garden. Though its history, it has housed a plant nursery and even a small zoo. This current name, Jardim da Luz, was bestowed in 1916.

The park has an area of 82,000 square meters, with two reflection pools and two ponds; it was declared a historic landmark by Condephaat in 1981. As part of the downtown revitalization project, it resumed dialogue with Pinacoteca, and was renovated in 1999.

In 2000, the State Government earmarked funds for the purchase of Brazilian sculptures for its lawns. Even today, the exhibit is free of charge, for those who want to stroll through its green areas and also visit an open air exhibit.

Click here to see the description of the Sculptures in Parque da Luz.

Parque da Luz
Parque da Luz